Fred M. Keller Engineering Laboratories
Located on the Pew campus, near the Eberhard Center, the Fred M. Keller Engineering Laboratories Building focuses on providing engineering students with a living laboratory.It is an impressive 30,000 square foot, three story structure that is part of the Seymour and Esther Padnos College of Engineering and Computing. It was constructed to facilitate student project work and experiments. There are laboratories for instruction, research and shops to build the many projects necessary to complete an engineering degree. The project was completed in the fall of 2000 and opened with 553 students.
Fred M. Keller Sr. was a generous man born on St. Patrick’s Day, 1910. He founded Paragon Die & Engineering in 1962. He received many awards, among them, Man of the Year by Junior Achievement, the Outstanding United Methodist Philanthropist by the United Methodist Church in West Michigan and the Distinguished Service Award from Ferris State University. He was known for mentoring young people and provided funds for the Fred M.Keller Engineering Laboratories. Fred Keller passed away Sunday, June 27, 2004.
Read more here